Victoria, BC is a famously accessible city, whether by car or on foot. Christmas in Victoria is a magical time, where the city’s charm and history are on full display.
Discover the Past offers a variety of Christmas guided walking tours in various locations throughout Victoria, BC. Explore Victoria’s Christmas storied history with these guided tours.
Tour Locations range from Old Town to China Town, cemeteries and other historic locations. Themes range from the traditional Christmas charm of Victoria to its more frightening tales of ghosts.
Whatever your tour pleasure, be sure to match it with a stay at the Central Victoria, BC lodging of our member bed and breakfast inns and rest assured that your accommodations will be comfortable and tailored to your needs.
2012 Christmas guided walking tours of Victoria from Discover the Past include:
Christmas in Old Victoria
- Wednesday, December 5th at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 12th at 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 16th at 2:00 p.m.
- Meet at Bastion Square in front of the Maritime Museum of BC
This 90-minute program takes place in Old Town, which is the historic center of Victoria. Explore the Christmas traditions and hear colorful Holiday stories about how Christmas was celebrated in the area dating back to the days of Fort Victoria and the Gold Rush.
The walking tour includes an indoor session inside a heritage building and, weather permitting, outdoor tours of historic sites in and around Bastion Square.
Victoria Chinatown Christmas Walks
- Every Saturday in December 2012 at 10:30 a.m.
- Meet at the “Bright Pearl” sculpture in front of Starbucks Coffee at the corner of Government & Fisgard streets, across from the Gate of Harmonious Interest
The Victoria, BC Chinatown is the oldest in Canada and offers a deep history. This 90 minute walking tour goes through shopping areas of Market Square, Fan Tan Alley, and Chinatown’s main street, along with other areas.
Enjoy views of Chinatown’s take on Christmas with decorative lights and windows display as the guide describes the arrival & influence of Chinese culture on Victoria.
Victoria Ghosts of Christmas Past Walking Tour
- 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights
- December 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31
- Meet at the Victoria Visitor Info Centre
This 90 minute tour focuses on the ghost stories and supernatural happenings of the Christmas season in Victoria. Learn about Victoria’s haunted Christmas areas including:
- The Legend of Christmas Hill
- The Ghosts of Helmcken Alley
- Adelaide Griffin’s Ghost Sighting of Christmas 1861 (the first documented in Victoria)
- 1890 Christmas Eve Assassination on the Steps of the Roman Catholic Cathedral
- and much more
There are many more Christmas tours offered by Discover the Past. For more information, including prices, visit the Discover the Past Christmas Tours page.
Choose Central Victoria BC Lodging as Unique as a Guided Christmas Tour
Savor the many breakfast selections, comfortable guest rooms and the individualized service & area expertise of the innkeepers at locations all across the Central Victoria area.
What’s Your Victoria Christmas Walking Tour Expectation or Experience?
The Discover the Past walking tours of Victoria has been operating for many years and is a much loved holiday institution in Victoria.
Please share your plans for this 2012 event and memories of past Victoria Christmas Walking Tours.