Every year we sit around the television to watch the annual movie, music, television, and broadway awards being handed out to the stars we all admire. And being Canadian, we are always so proud to see one of our own up on stage giving a thank you speech. Well, this is true for the hospitality and tourism world as well. Even though we may not get to dress up in $1,000 gowns and tuxedos, it is still an honor to be recognized for all the hard work and determination that is put into providing a magical experience. And in the 2012 Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice Awards, the BC Innkeepers Guild is proud to say that 9 members have been recognized in the top 25 B&Bs and Inns in Canada. We would like to congratulate and thank everyone for their passion and devotion in making British Columbia one of the World’s most desired destinations, and would like to devote this blog post to those who ranked in Canada’s top 25.
7) Bostrom’s B&B on Little Beach Bay: Located in Ucluelet, Bostrom’s B&B boasts amazing ocean views from all rooms, hot tub, and decks. 3 levels of decks have barbeques and a teak dining suites. Luxury meets fun in the games room with snooker, darts, and so much more. Join fellow travelers for delicious gourmet breakfasts or dine in the privacy of your room.
8) Bee & Thistle Guest House: The Bee & Thistle is a perfect base for exploring the gorgeous city of Vancouver. Whether you are there for a vacation, visiting relatives or on business, you will love the warmth of this lovely heritage Bed & Breakfast, only minutes by car from the heart of the shopping & business district.
12) ThistleDown House: Located in North Vancouver, ThistleDown House’ internationally acclaimed heritage, style, comfort and fine hospitality make it a gem in the middle of a beautiful city. With six exquisite en-suite rooms to choose from, Afternoon Tea and deliciously creative multi-course breakfasts, you will love every minute of your stay.
16) West End Guest House: Located in Vancouver and built in 1906, this gracious lady has been transformed into a modern Bed & Breakfast with special emphasis on the amenities to make your stay smooth and comfortable. The inn itself is filled with antiques and a photo collection from the early days of Vancouver. Parking, Wi-Fi, and bikes to borrow are all included.
18) A View of the Lake Bed & Breakfast is located in West Kelowna, British Columbia. Enjoy a unique experience with the resident Chef as he creates your three course breakfast from his demonstration kitchen using the freshest of local ingredients. The contemporary home offers an expansive lounge and patio area for all guests and is close to the Westside Wineries and only minutes from Kelowna.
20) Apple Blossom Bed & Breakfast: If you enjoy a view and gardens, you’ll love this West Kelowna Bed and Breakfast. All Bed and Breakfast rooms have a view of the lake and gardens. Wake up to the sound of local song birds after a good night’s rest on comfortable beds before enjoying your 3 course full country-style breakfast.
21) Albion Manor Bed & Breakfast: Welcome to Victoria’s Victorian Jewel just a 5 minute walk from the ferries, downtown and major attractions. Situated in a beautiful garden, Albion Manor features delightful architectural details. Enjoy gourmet breakfasts in a tastefully decorated ambiance with antique furnishings and art.
25) Long Lake Waterfront B&B: Located in Nanaimo, the Long Lake Waterfront Bed & Breakfast provides a romantic private lakeside lifestyle with reflections on the water in your canoe/kayaks. Hot tub, King size beds, wifi, float plane accessible. Your day trip center for Vancouver Island. Warm hospitality and hot breakfasts.
So what are you waiting for? Get out and book your next vacation at one of Canada’s top Bed & Breakfasts and Inns!