Home > Membership
Join the BC Innkeepers Guild!
The British Columbia Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers Guild (BC Innkeepers) is foremost a professional association of innkeepers of quality B&B/Inn lodging in the province of BC, formed for mutual support, education, industry representation and marketing.
The mission of the British Columbia B&B Innkeepers Guild is to provide a network that supports:
- "REST ASSURED" quality lodging for guests
- Professionalism and success for members
The BC Innkeepers Guild offers the following membership packages:
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP - $160 + GST
Your professional membership in the Guild allows you to:
- use the Guild logo in your marketing;
- display the Guild sign at your establishment;
- have access to the Members Only area of the Guild website including access to the Guild Forum;
- have a 3 line listing on the "View All Members" page in the public area of the Guild website without a hyperlink to your business website;
- be fully included in the "Contact Members List" in the Members only area of the website, with B&B name, innkeeper(s) name(s), city, region, postal address, telephone number, link to e-mail address and hyperlink to your B&B website;
- have a 2 line listing in their city area of the brochure that includes business name, host(s) name(s), address, and one telephone number, but without a photo, descriptive text or amenities icons;
- receive the Guild Table Talk newsletter and other Guild information correspondence;
- access a Guild preferred rate for an online reservation and availability system;
- access Guild merchant discounts;
- be included in a regional marketing group;
- be included in the Guild's general marketing initiatives;
- attend the annual Guild meetings and conferences at member rates - this includes full membership voting rights.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP & INTERNET MARKETING - $219 + GST
- Be listed on the Guild website and Mobile Website
- Be included/featured in all the Guild's Social Media channels and Blog
- The web listing includes up to 8 pictures of your property, all contact, rate and amenities information, and multiple links directly to your web site; both a short description for the "search by city" page and a longer description for your listing; opportunity to post specials and packages and list under "target markets" for those visitors to the site searching by activity/interests; google map showing your location; opportunity to purchase additional listings under "Weddings" and "Retreats" as well as a "Second City" near you.
- (If purchased separately, membership & Internet marketing would cost $279)
- Be listed in the Guild Brochure with photo, all contact information and amenities and 130 word description. Members can also choose to purchase a display ad by contacting the Brochure Committee. The Brochure is racked at major high traffic and gateway Visitor Centres, BC Ferries and selected airports, as well as at all community Visitor Centres where there are Guild member B&B/Inns and brochure advertisers around the province. The brochure is also in a downloadable/printable format on the Guild website
- (If purchased separately, membership & brochure marketing would cost $348)
- Receive the full services listed above at a greater discount
- (If purchased separately, membership, internet marketing and brochure marketing would cost $467)
The following is required when applying for membership:
- All applicants must meet and fill out the Quality Assurance Program guidelines of the Guild
- If a Bed & Breakfast inn business license is required in your community or regional district, a copy must be provided to the Guild, as part of your application process. A copy of the Foodsafe Certificate of the main person(s) doing the cooking is also required. Every applicant must have insurance coverage for liability and B&B operation, and a copy of that insurance policy must also be provided.
- Members of BC Innkeepers agree to be bound by the following Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. On our membership application form, you will be prompted to commit to these standards.
- In order to ensure that guests' breakfast expectations are met, members of the Guild are required to post information on their website about the breakfast they provide, and the location where breakfast is served.
- All members of the Guild will be provided with the logo of the Guild, and you will be required to display that logo on your website's homepage or contact page, in close proximity to the logos of other associations, memberships or rating entities, with a hyperlink back to the Guild homepage.
The Guild also offers Individual and Corporate Associate Memberships. Associate Members are non-voting members.
Associate Membership in the Guild benefits individuals or businesses working in the Bed & Breakfast lodging and related Tourism industries.
Individuals or businesses that are eligible for membership include:
- (Individual members) Retired, Aspiring or Relief Innkeepers
- (Individual members) Employees of BC Innkeepers members
- (Individual members) Students in the hospitality industry
- (Corporate members) Agents for government or industry
- (Corporate members) Agencies or businesses in the tourism industry
INDIVIDUAL ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - $50 per year
A line listing of 75 characters on our lodging website; Attend meetings and conferences hosted by local and regional groups; Registration for Guild conferences at discounted member rates; Receive quarterly newsletter; Participate on committees for local or regional groups; Access to Members Lounge on Website; use of the Guild logo for Associate Members, with prior approval from the Board of Directors.
CORPORATE ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - $100 per year
Benefits for Corporate Associate Members are the same as for Individual Associate Members, except that they have up to 250 characters available for their website listing. Reciprocal linking is strongly encouraged.
The annual fee for corporate associate membership is $100.