Home > Membership
Join the BC Innkeepers Guild!
- Are you a quality Bed & Breakfast in British Columbia?
- Would a listing on our well-placed BC Bed & Breakfast website help put guests in your beds? Do you host weddings and/or retreats that you would like to promote? Would a listing in a larger city close to you help promote your Bed & Breakfast?
- Can your B&B benefit from being featured on our mobile website, and our social media channels?
- Are you interested in improving your occupancy, by being listed in 60,000 copies of our widely distributed brochure?
- Would you like a 20% discount on commission-free online reservation services through Webervations?
- Can you benefit from industry partnerships that offer our members preferred rates?
- Are you looking for industry representation, professional development, current industry related news, referrals, and networking?
The British Columbia Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers Guild(BC Innkeepers) is a professional association of innkeepers of quality B&B lodging in the province of BC, formed for marketing, education and representation.
The Guild defines a Bed & Breakfast as a property that:
- is situated on residentially or agriculturally zoned land
- is the principle residence of the owner/operator, who provides personalised hospitality
- is licensed as a Bed & Breakfast accommodations by the appropriate licensing authority in the community/region
- serves breakfast included in the lodging rate
- is residential or agricultural in character
- "REST ASSURED" quality lodging for guests
- Professionalism and success for members
The BC Innkeepers Guild offers the following membership packages:
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP - $99
Your professional membership in the Guild keeps you informed about issues relating to the B&B industry, includes you in regional marketing groups, gives you a preferred rate for an online reservation and availability system, offers you accreditation as a member of the only quality-assured province-wide Bed & Breakfast association in BC, provides discounts at some merchants, and invites you to annual meetings and conferences at member rates. No marketing is included in this package.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP & MARKETING PACKAGE - $439 per year (NET $339 - see note below)
Membership + Web Package + Brochure
The web listing includes up to 8 pictures of your property, all contact, rate and amenities information, and multiple links directly to your web site; both a short description for the "search by city" page and a longer description for your listing; opportunity to post specials and packages and list under "target markets" for those visitors to the site searching by activity/interests; google map showing your location; opportunity to purchase additional listings under "Weddings" and "Retreats" as well as a "Second City" near you; participation in online availability and reservations, if you have signed up with Webervations.
You will also be listed on our bookable mobile site.
The brochure listing is a listing with photo, all contact information and amenities and 130 word description. Members can also chose to purchase a display ad by contacting the Brochure Committee
TO QUALIFY FOR A $100 REBATE ON THE MARKETING PACKAGE, members must have the Guild logo on the main page or contact page of their website with a live link to the Guild website. Renewing members will have to re-confirm the live link when renewing their membership annually. If a member choses not to add the live link back to the Guild website, the professional membership & marketing package fee will be $439 per year. The member must still have the Guild logo on their website as this is a requirement of membership.
The following is required when applying for membership:
- All applicants must meet and fill out the Quality Assurance Program guidelines of the Guild
- If a Bed & Breakfast inn business license is required in your community or regional district, a copy must be provided to the Guild, as part of your application process. A copy of the Foodsafe Certificate of the main person(s) doing the cooking is also required. Every applicant must have insurance coverage for liability and B&B operation, and a copy of that insurance policy must also be provided.
- Members of BC Innkeepers agree to be bound by the following Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. On our membership application form, you will be prompted to commit to these standards.
- In order to ensure that guests' breakfast expectations are met, members of the Guild are required to post information on their website about the breakfast they provide, and the location where breakfast is served.
- All members of the Guild will be provided with the logo of the Guild, and you will be required to display that logo on your website's homepage or contact page, in close proximity to the logos of other associations, memberships or rating entities.
The Guild also offers Individual and Corporate Associate Memberships. Associate Members are non-voting members.
Associate Membership in the Guild benefits individuals or businesses working in the Bed & Breakfast lodging and related Tourism industries.
Individuals or businesses that are eligible for membership include:
- (Individual members) Retired, Aspiring or Relief Innkeepers
- (Individual members) Employees of BC Innkeepers members
- (Individual members) Students in the hospitality industry
- (Corporate members) Agents for government or industry
- (Corporate members) Agencies or businesses in the tourism industry
INDIVIDUAL ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - $50 per year
A line listing of 75 characters on our lodging website; Attend meetings and conferences hosted by local and regional groups; Registration for Guild conferences at discounted member rates; Receive quarterly newsletter; Participate on committees for local or regional groups; Access to Members Lounge on Website; use of the Guild logo for Associate Members, with prior approval from the Board of Directors.
CORPORATE ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - $100 per year
Benefits for Corporate Associate Members are the same as for Individual Associate Members, except that they have up to 250 characters available for their website listing. Reciprocal linking is strongly encouraged.
The annual fee for corporate associate membership is $100.