Home > Membership
Join the BC Innkeepers Guild!
BC Innkeepers is foremost a professional association of innkeepers of quality B&B/Inn lodging in the province of British Columbia, formed for mutual support, education, industry representation and marketing.
The mission of BC Innkeepers is to provide a network that supports:
- "REST ASSURED" quality lodging for guests
- Professionalism and success for members
*** First time members can join at this special rate! Be part of this supportive group of B&B innkeepers. Members refer to members, and the association works on behalf of all to promote and protect the true Bed & Breakfast Experience!
For $168 + GST become a first time BC Innkeepers member! This introductory package includes all the benefits of the Professional Membership + Internet Marketing package listed below at $219
$295 + GST will get you the full membership and marketing package, including a listing in our new directory. This includes the benefits of the $349 package listed below, BUT you must join by the end of February to get into the directory which will be included in Edible Vancouver's BC Wine Touring Travel Kit for 2017.
BC Innkeepers offers the following membership packages:
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP - $160 + GST
Your professional membership in BCI allows you to:
- use the logo in your marketing;
- display the BC Innkeepers sign at your establishment;
- have access to the Members Only area of the website including access to the members Forum;
- have a 3 line listing on the "View All Members" page in the public area of the BCI website without a hyperlink to your business website;
- be fully included in the "Contact Members List" in the Members only area of the website, with B&B name, innkeeper(s) name(s), city, region, postal address, telephone number, link to e-mail address and hyperlink to your B&B website;
- have a 2 line listing in their city area of the brochure that includes business name, host(s) name(s), address, and one telephone number, but without a photo, descriptive text or amenities icons;
- receive the Table Talk newsletter and other information distributed to the members;
- access a BC Innkeepers preferred rate for an online reservation and availability system;
- access merchant discounts;
- be included in a regional marketing group;
- be included in BC Innkeepers' general marketing initiatives;
- attend the annual general meeting and conferences at member rates - this includes full membership voting rights.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP & INTERNET MARKETING - $219 + GST
- Be listed on the BC Innkeepers website and Mobile Website
- Be included/featured in all the Social Media channels and Blog
- The web listing includes up to 8 pictures of your property, all contact, rate and amenities information, and multiple links directly to your web site; both a short description for the "search by city" page and a longer description for your listing; opportunity to post specials and packages and list under "target markets" for those visitors to the site searching by activity/interests; google map showing your location; opportunity to purchase additional listings under "Weddings" and "Retreats" as well as a "Second City" near you.
- Receive the full services listed above plus a full listing in the BC Innkeepers directory, the only B&B accommodation brochure that covers the province of BC, and comes as an insert in the Edible Vancouver & Wine Country 2017 edition of the BC Wine Touring Travel Kit of which 20,000 copies are distributed.
The following is required when applying for membership:
- All applicants must meet and fill out the Quality Assurance Program guidelines of BC Innkeepers
- If a Bed & Breakfast inn business license is required in your community or regional district, a copy must be provided, as part of your application process. A copy of the Foodsafe Certificate of the main person(s) doing the cooking is also required. Every applicant must have insurance coverage for liability and B&B operation, and a copy of that insurance policy must also be provided.
- Members of BC Innkeepers agree to be bound by the following Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. On our membership application form, you will be prompted to commit to these standards.
- In order to ensure that guests' breakfast expectations are met, members of BC Innkeepers are required to post information on their website about the breakfast they provide, and the location where breakfast is served.
- All members of BC Innkeepers will be provided with the BCI logo, and you will be required to display that logo on your website's homepage or contact page, in close proximity to the logos of other associations, memberships or rating entities, with a hyperlink back to the Guild homepage.
BC Innkeepers also offers Individual and Corporate Associate Memberships. Associate Members are non-voting members.
Associate Membership benefits individuals or businesses working in the Bed & Breakfast lodging and related Tourism industries.
Individuals or businesses that are eligible for membership include:
- (Individual members) Retired, Aspiring or Relief Innkeepers
- (Individual members) Employees of BC Innkeepers members
- (Individual members) Students in the hospitality industry
- (Corporate members) Agents for government or industry
- (Corporate members) Agencies or businesses in the tourism industry
INDIVIDUAL ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - $50 per year
A line listing of 75 characters on our lodging website; Attend meetings and conferences hosted by local and regional groups; Registration for conferences at discounted member rates; Receive monthly newsletter; Participate on committees for local or regional groups; Access to Members Lounge on Website; use of the BCI logo for Associate Members, with prior approval from the Board of Directors.
CORPORATE ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - $100 per year
Benefits for Corporate Associate Members are the same as for Individual Associate Members, except that they have up to 250 characters available for their website listing. Reciprocal linking is strongly encouraged.
The annual fee for corporate associate membership is $100.